You don’t have to re-design your entire online course to increase student engagement and improve learning. By adding a few active learning strategies to your online course design, you can increase student engagement, encourage collaboration, and improve learning and retention.
In this 45-minute mini-course, you will identify 9 places in your online course where you can integrate active learning strategies. Then, you’ll explore 10 different flipped and active learning strategies you can immediately apply to your online course.
Each strategy is informed by research, grounded in theory, and designed for practical application. You will receive a resources packet featuring a list of flipped and active learning strategies, planning templates, and recommended technology tools and resources you can use to create engaging online learning experiences for your students.
- Identify 9 places in your online course where you can easily implement active learning strategies without needing to redesign or restructure your whole course.
- Explore 10 different active learning strategies you can use in synchronous and asynchronous online environments.
- Describe the benefits of integrating flipped and active learning strategies into a course.
- Start developing an active learning strategy for your online course.
Thank you for providing a wonderful webinar! This was so engaging! My college/campus is facing significant changes; after participating in your webinar, I feel such excitement in the prospect of utilizing these methodologies of delivery. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! --Nursing Instructor, University of Nebraska
What’s included in this course?
This is a self-paced mini-course featuring 2 video modules. When you enroll, you will receive:
- Instant access to 2 videos (45 minutes total) featuring all 10 strategies.
- Instant access to the guided notes outline to help you take notes and organize your ideas.
- Instant access to the resource packet which includes 4 bonus articles and a list of resources for more strategies and advice.
- Instant access to the private discussion forum to ask questions and share ideas.
- Instant access to the presentation slides.
- Instant access to the video transcripts.
This online mini-course is for you if...
- you are looking for new teaching strategies to add to your online course to increase student engagement and improve learning.
- you are building an online course and you want to think about how to engage students right from the start.
- you'd like to find a new idea use in your online class right now, this week, or this semester to keep students engaged and on task.
- you teach a blended, flipped, or hybrid course and you want new ways to engage students in the online part of the course.